[oletrucks] Reply on outlawing oletrucks

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Reply on outlawing oletrucks
From: jrdorsey <jrdorsey@strato.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 00:26:45 -0700
I thank you all for your sympathy and suggestions.

Lawyers aren't really an option (lack of $$$$)

I can't get appointed to the code inforcement board because I wasn't
born into the RIGHT family or attend the RIGHT church. These appointees
don't know much about codes or zoning but they can rubber stamp what the
officers put before them.

At the meeting where the last revision to the law was passed, a lot of
snowbirds showed up and complained because they leave their cars here
all summer. The council's reply was basically that they wouldn't enforce
the law in THOSE cases!

Businesses that deal with vehicles are exempted, so I can't get them on
my side.

I am seriously thinking of running for mayor next term, but I'd have to
quit my job to do it. In Florida a Deputy Sheriff can't run for office,
it's a conflict of interest. It might be worth it. I've always felt that
laws should be inforced IMPARTIALLY, without regard to race, religion,
sex, or age of vehicle :-) and the mayor runs the local police
department.

John
"49-50-54-57-79-95" Chevy 3800 Panel
'52 GMC 640 FMC Firetruck