Re: [oletrucks] Broken Door Hinge Bolt

To: Ross Piercey <ross-piercey@home.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Broken Door Hinge Bolt
From: Tim Holbrook <t.holbrook@morehead-st.edu>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 10:44:57 -0400 (EDT)
Ever used those bolt removers where you first drill a small hole in the
center of the broken bolt and then the remover has reverse threads so
that it turns the bolt out as it tightens into the bolt.  This method
worked for me on a broken starter bolt in the block.

Tim Holbrook
1956-3100 p/u

On Thu, 16 Sep 1999, Ross Piercey wrote:

> When I was removing the driver side door one of the bolts on the bottom
> hinge snapped off. I used WD40 on it but, ho well you know how it goes.
> I was wondering what is the best way to get the broken bolt out, without
> damaging the door hinge mounting hole. The bolt has about 1/8" sticking
> out from the jamb, not enough to get a pair of vice grips on it. Anyone
> have a good trick they could offer on how to get it out.
> thxs
>
> Ross
> 51 Chevy 3/4 LB 5W

Tim W. Holbrook                         Chief Photographer
t.holbrook@morehead-st.edu              Morehead State University
(606) 783-2750                          AY 17 or UPO 1100
(606) 783-2351 fax                      Morehead, KY  40351-1689