[oletrucks] Frame question

To: "'Chevy Trucks'" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Frame question
From: Paul Blosser <paulblosser@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 23:23:39 -0500
Here goes,

I talked to a guy today that's been inthe sandblasting business for 20+
years and got a quote for sandblasting the frame on my '54 3100.  I
called the rental place first and the guy there said it would be cheaper
to have it done than rent the equipment -- I think he's right.  I was
quoted $75.00 which seems like a good deal to me, and since I live here
in the Ozarks, prices are pretty reasonable.  (He says he won't do sheet
metal and warned me against having it done, as I have read on this
list.)

I need to pull the engine out, get the cab off and the rearend out, all
pretty easy and doable within a couple hours.  My question is about
prepping the frame once I get it back. Instead of spray painting the
frmae, I've heard of others using the spary on bed liner. I think I may
have seen this in Classic Trucks or read about it here before.   Its
hard, durable, some kind can even be brushed on.  Have any of you tried
this?  Any other suggestions?

Paul Blosser
1954 3100