Re: [oletrucks] Is this truck in reasonable condition?

To: Ole Trucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Is this truck in reasonable condition?
From: WR Teto <monadnoc@crystal-mtn.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 01:38:22 -0400

> Before I start putting money into my 1952 Chevy 1/2 ton, I would like to get
> the opinions of those who are no strangers to body work.  I've created a
> little web site that shows the areas of concern on the truck.  Please have a
> look and let me know what you think -

> Mike Auser
> '48 Chevy 1/2 ton
> '52 Chevy 1/2 ton

Mike, it doesn't look too bad to me.  If you think you might enjoy the body work
and weld repair, it would seem to be a good project.  Mind you, I'm basing it on
the fact that for a typical truck in New England, this would be in great shape
for nearly 50 years of salt exposure.  My tailgate is similar to yours, the rest
of my bodywork is a bit better off, but my interior floor is not as good as
yours.  Probably on a "rust scale" of 10, I'd rate mine an 8, yours a 7.  I've
seen folks tackle projects that started out in poorer condition.  If you feel a
better one might not come along in the near future, it doesn't seem unreasonable
to me.

Wally / Templeton, MA