Re: [oletrucks] switch

To: Shurshot22@aol.com
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] switch
From: Grant Galbraith <trks@javanet.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 22:26:10 -0400
I did it with my truck mainly to repair the hole from a sun roof modification. I
would never do it again just to change to a five window. The easiest may be to
cut at the windshield pillar and at the  floor and cab back using the whole roof
and back. I had a rusty donor cab so I separated it a the belt line. This
required removing the inside sheet metal and was more work than I ever would
want to repeat. I separated mine at the factory weld and doubt most people could
tell it's not original. There are some who just cut the back and weld bellow the
beltline. This works but would be obvious to anyone looking behind the seat.
   One note of caution, although the windshield pillar is supposed to be a
standard dimensional thickness as per assy manual I found one cab (mine)
differed by a quarter inch. This complicates things somewhat and I would measure
this before doing any cutting.
   There is also someone on the list who had the corner windows added to his
cab.
   I also looked into just getting another cab. Here in the New England rust
belt good ones are hard to come by and shipping from the mid west was
outrageous.

Grant 50 3100