[oletrucks] Re: Heater Questions

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Re: Heater Questions
From: "Jeff Clark" <clark@wmis.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 1999 11:35:16 -0400
While driving around today in my ole truck I stopped by to say hello to an
old coworker, to make a long story short he informed me that reality has set
in and the old 51 chevy pickup sitting out by his shed was to far gone to
restore and offered me any parts off it I needed.  One of the things I am
very interested in is the heater.   I not sure if it is original because the
defroster knob is mounted in the left radio shaft hole.  The heater hangs
down under the dash on the passenger side, it is about 12 inches wide and
10-12 inches tall.  It looks like there is manual vents on each side of the
heater and the badge/decal is shaped like a T with what looks like the
lettering chevrolet going down the T.  He said the heater worked when he put
the truck up and started taking it apart.   Does anybody know what type of
heater this is by my crude description.  Is this an original type heater,
can the heater core be  repaired if needed.  Is it worth taking and trying
to get working.

Thanks in advance

Jeff Clark