[oletrucks] straight axle

To: "oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] straight axle
From: "Claude Ramey" <cramey@n-link.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 1999 09:44:32 -0500
I have a '59 with the original front straight axle. Does anyone know if the
axle with spindles will fit reversed? (switch right to left). It seems like
the left side (steering side) is a lot more worn than the right
side.(possibly from all the forces of 40 yrs of steering) Would it make any
sense to reverse sides while installing king pins? I replaced the king pins
with standard size, and the right side is perfect while the left side has
wear in the axle. It might be a little too much for oversized king pins.

Claude
http://www.n-link.com/~rameyfam
bandwidth from Sprint ISDN and n-link Internet services