Re: [oletrucks] Shroud for the ring gear.

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Shroud for the ring gear.
From: Bob Fischer <bfischer@utm.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 08:02:32 -0700
Hi Marlene,

>I'm looking for a shroud that covers the ring gear on a 283 V8 and attaches
>to the Chevy 4 speed manual transmission for a 59 Chevy Truck.  I have a 1
>ton Chevy that was originally a 6 Cyl and converted to the 283 V8 by the PO.

I suspect you're (shroud)referring to the clutch housing/tranny mount commonly
called the bell housing due to its shape.
The stock granny 4-speed bolts up to the rear of the small block as is, we have
this combination in our 49 AD with the closed torque tube drive to the rear end.

If your referring to a later model (Muncie/Borg Warner) type 4-speed then you
need the appropriate standard Chevy bell housing for that transmission. There
are at least two different sized main holes for the tranny bearing support in
these
available. Make sure you get the correct one the first time.

"Nothin lasts forever except old Fords and a natural stone" - Willie Nelson

http://home.utm.net/bfischer          e-mail - bfischer@utm.net

robert.fischer@cdc.com

rfischer@worldnet.att.net