Re: [oletrucks] Pressure fed sandblaster...try weights?

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Pressure fed sandblaster...try weights?
From: GremlinGT@aol.com
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 23:36:36 EDT
  I also have a gravity-fed container for sand-blasting and remember how long
it took ... and I've been thinking. a pressure-fed blaster is just forcing
sand thru the bottom with air pressure...why not with actual physical weight?
just cut a round metal or wood circle, place inside the sand container, and
weight it down with a few bricks...might help "force" more sand into the
hose. although you'd have to pull out the bricks and plate, it wouldn't cost
much, and might help some. I was also wondering if one of those inflatable
air jack bags might fit in the top of the sand container, you could expand
it, then pressurize the container ... I don't know, just making inane
suggestions at this point! It's 11:30 pm, I'm getting punchy! Good luck with
your project, there's always ways to do something cheaply without alot of
money. Just have to be handy to create it! lol.

Jerry
Fairfax, VA
55-2 Suburban