[oletrucks] Pressure fed sandblaster...

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net, apache58truck@hotmail.com
Subject: [oletrucks] Pressure fed sandblaster...
From: "K & B" <apache58truck@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 23:04:19 EDT
Hi Folks-

I hope this post is OK for the list.  I thought it would probably be OK
since it is directly connected to our ole truck restoration project. If I'm
wrong... please let me know.  :-)

My son and I have been trying to use a gravity fed sandblaster to remove old
paint and rust from our truck parts.  To put it bluntly... it's not working
well at all!  It's taking hours and hours... and more hours to make just a
little progress.  We're both very patient (an essential element for father &
son projects) and realize that things take time, but our blaster is so
inefficient...we've got to find another way to go at this.

I know (from what I've been told) that pressure fed units do a much better
job, but they cost more than we can afford ($300 to $400)at this point in
our project (especially since I'm trying to save money so I can finally buy
the ole trucks I found!).  SO... I was wondering if anyone out there has
successfully built their own <<pressurized>> blaster.

I drew up a few versions of plans that I think "might" work, but since I
don't even have one around to look at... I figured some of you might be able
to help me avoid problems in design and construction.  I can weld (fair to
good results) and have most basic tools and I'm not afraid to tackle a new
experience, but I'd rather not spend my "father & son restoration time"
reinventing a tool... if there's a proven design that's fairly simple and
already available.

Does anyone care to share their "time tested" experience, or plans with a
couple of exhausted and VERY frustrated gravity blasters in search of a
better way?  If so we'd love to hear from you!

Thanks in advance-

Ken & Brian

K&B
Father & Son 1959 Apache Fleetside Truck Project in NJ
apache58truck@hotmail.com
Everyone asks:
Why the 58 in the e-mail address if the truck is a 59?
Our only reply:
When we bought it they told us it was a 58. When we
discovered it was really a 59... it was too late to
change the address! Plus, someday we might buy a 58 too! :-)
-