RE: [oletrucks] 3/4 ton Rear End

To: "'Keith Breuer'" <kbreuer@sgi.net>, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] 3/4 ton Rear End
From: "Laney, Clifton" <clifton.laney@intel.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 15:31:31 -0700
I have a '49 3/4 ton and changed out the 4.56 rear end with a 4.11 from a
'72 Chevy van.  Just drop the drive shaft, pull the rear axles, and unbolt
the 3rd member as a unit and bolt in the replacement.  That and a nice set
of tall 16" tires lowered my RPM at 55 MPH from around 3400 to 3000.
(actually made it possible for me to keep up with traffic).

Now I'm working on getting my Borg-Warner 3 spd overdrive tranny wired up.
Anyone know where I can buy that manual solenoid conversion kit I've read
about?  I wrote the machine shop that supposedly handles them (since the
inventor passed away) but got no reply.

Cliff
'49 3600