[oletrucks] Bleeding Brakes

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net, napco4x4@onelist.com, EarlySuburbans@listbot.com,
Subject: [oletrucks] Bleeding Brakes
From: MarkNoakes@aol.com
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 18:13:05 EDT
I had to bleed the brakes in my Corvette for an SCCA Solo II event
(autocross). . . supposed to bleed them after every race and flush once per
year or any time after boiling the fluid. . .which I did. . .and so swapped
to synthetic fluid to hopefully avoid boiling again.

I installed Russell Speed Bleeders in place of the existing fittings to
permit one person brake bleeding.  They work well and I would suggest them to
everyone.  They have a check valve in them to prevent air and cruddy fluid
from getting back into the system.  For the vette, they were about $30 for
the four of them.  They are hard to tell from the originals.

Russels says they sell them for most cars and trucks:

http://www.russellperformance.com/

I'll be putting them on everything I have as I do any brake work. . .pickup,
Suburban, Jeep, and Corvair.

Mark Noakes