Re: [oletrucks] 216 or 235?

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 216 or 235?
From: "chico woodhill" <chico.woodhill@zensearch.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 1999 21:01:12 -0400
Thanks, Doug. So can anybody shed light on my engine?

Block Casting:

GM 48
3693374
10

Serial Number:

N324874CAL

...Chico

On Fri, 22 Oct 1999 15:13:20 -0500 Doug Pewterbaugh
<dpewter@email.msn.com> wrote:
>On all 216's the sheet metal pushrod cover goes up over
the spark plugs
>(extends above the top of the block onto the side of the
head); only VERY
>early 235's do the same.  Later 235's (like after 41 or
so?) have a shorter
>pushrod cover that ends at the top of the block.
>
>Also, look at the block casting (raised in cast on lower
right side of
>block) & serial (stamped on flat behind distributor)
numbers; there are a
>lot of us on the list with tables to decode.
>
>Regards,
>Doug Pewterbaugh
>dpewter@msn.com
>Denton, TX
>49 3104 216 5-Window

How
>>can I tell if the engine is a 216 or 235?
>>
>>..

Signup for your FREE ZenSearch E-MAIL account at http://www.zensearch.net and
win a Notebook PC