RE: [oletrucks] 216 or 235...still confused

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net, <ChevySix@seatac.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] 216 or 235...still confused
From: "chico woodhill" <chico.woodhill@zensearch.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 17:01:10 -0400
Thanks Ralph. You're right, the inliners listing indicates
it's a 235.

But according to Doug Pewterbaugh, "On all 216's the sheet
metal pushrod cover goes up over the spark plugs
(extends above the top of the block onto the side of the
head); only VERY early 235's do the same."

On my engine, this sheet metal pushrod cover goes up over
the spark plugs, indicating a 216.

So...I'm still confused. Is there any way to be 100%
certain of 216 or 235?

Thanks....chico

On Sun, 24 Oct 1999 18:43:30 -0700 Ralph Linnell
<ChevySix@seatac.net> wrote:
>Looks to like it is a 42-49 Chevy 235 according to the
block listing on  Inliners International Web site at
>http://www.inliners.org
>

>Ralph Linnell
>Inliners International Membership Chairman
>
>Chevysix@seatac.net
>http://www.seatac.net/chevysix/

woodhill
>Sent: Sunday, October 24, 1999 6:01 PM
>To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
>Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 216 or 235?
>
>Thanks, Doug. So can anybody shed light on my engine?
>
>Block Casting:
>
>GM 48
>3693374
>10