[oletrucks] Off Subject request--Antique Magazines

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Off Subject request--Antique Magazines
From: MarkNoakes@aol.com
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 19:50:40 EDT
Hey Guys,

Hope you don't mind the off subject bandwidth, but this is something that
this list might collect as well.

I'm looking for the following magazines:

Apr 1953, Popular Science
Sep 1947, Mechanix Illustrated
Feb 1940, Modern Mechanix

Any help locating copies of these would be appreciated.

While I collect these in general, my specific interest in these is the
teardrop camper series popular in the 30's thru 50's.

My primary preference for a camper is an old Airstream Bambi, and I'm still
looking; however, I've looked longer than I looked for my Suburban (3+ years)
and haven't found one that meets my condition/cost criteria. . .and now
notice that more people are discovering them (even per Pickup n Panels in
Print).  So my second choice would be a home built woody teardrop.  Besides
going well aesthetically with the Sub, the teardrops have the additional
advantage of being compatible weight-wise with either my Corvette or my
wife's Jeep Wrangler.

Thanks,

Mark Noakes
58/56 Suburban