Re: [oletrucks] droopy door handles

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] droopy door handles
From: Alan Gingles <agingles@nucleus.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 19:47:22 -0700
smiler wrote:

> I am thinking of replacing my worn door handles, by simply removing
> them, shaving the door, and putting remote openers in .  Has anyone on
> the list any "how to" references for this project or can recommend a
> reliable source for quality kits to achieve this modification.   Any
> advise would be appreciated.
>
> Chet Balint
> Cheshire CT

Hi Chet,

        I replaced my door handles with power door lock solenoids from the '77
Pontiac I stripped. I got some springs to wind around the shaft so they
would return to the "up" position. They seem to work fine with the
bear-claw latches I put in. I just bolted the solenoids to the inside
doorskins, then ran a welding rod up to the latch. I used heavy duty
marine push button switches to pop the doors. If you need detailed info,
I'll see what I can come up with.

Alan Gingles
1948 Chevy 1314
http://www.nucleus.com/~agingles