[oletrucks] Heat Riser Spring

To: oletrucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Heat Riser Spring
From: Grant Galbraith <trks@javanet.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 13:59:36 -0400
This is my second attempt at installing a heat riser spring on the
manifold heat valve of my 235. Same problem I had before, now on my
Corvette dual exhaust with Offy intake. The spring never relaxes enough
to let the valve open all the way. Eventually it will get so hot the
engine starts pinging and I unhook the spring. I would really like to
use it as with the onset of cold weather I noticed I lost about 2 MPG.
Also makes the engine perform better until it gets too hot. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Grant 50 3100