Re: [oletrucks] Glass Packs

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Glass Packs
From: MarkNoakes@aol.com
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 20:23:31 EDT
Corvair turbo mufflers should be available from Clarks Corvair Parts in
Massachusetts if you can't find them elsewhere.  They do have a web page:

http://www.corvair.com/

They do sound pretty good too, though some might consider them a little too
quiet.

Mark Noakes
58/56 Suburban
66 Corvair that I have a 66 turbo engine for
86 Corvette Indy
86 Silverado pickup
Knoxville, TN

In a message dated 10/28/99 1:23:15 PM, Passnb4U@aol.com writes:

<< In a message dated 10/28/99 11:44:07 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
trks@javanet.com writes:

> Hooked up dual exhaust on my 235 with longest glass pack I could find,
>  32" located up front. It's a little loud for my taste and I'm told will
>  only get louder. Any suggestions what to use instead. I may go back to
>  stock mufflers. I'm told they are somewhat restrictive even though they
>  are a straight shot through.
>
>  Thanks,
>  Grant 50 3100

  Covair Turbo type mufflers, inexpensive, free flowing and not much rumble
at all.

  Mike >>