RE: [oletrucks] off subject - CA registration

To: "MIKE RAHL" <MRAHL@martinmartin.com>,
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] off subject - CA registration
From: "Michael Snow" <mwsnow@home.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 11:32:30 -0700
If the vehicle in question has current tags, I would drive it to
CO with them.  Keep the bill of sale / proof of insurance in the
glove box just in case.  Legally, you have 10 days to transfer a
title in CA, which should allow you to travel to CO without any
hassle.  CA charges sales tax at the DMV for ALL vehicles unless
you can prove that you paid it to the seller.    CA is very
particular about bills of sale.  I highly recommend you use the
form provided by the CA DMV and have it notarized at the point of
sale.  This will prevent any title disputes between the two
states when you try to title it in CO.  As far as I can tell,
this state issues temporary plates for one purpose only.  That is
to permit people who must have a smog inspection to allow them
time for that, but you still have to pay all the applicable fees
and taxes to get one of them.

For more details, try this link  http://www.dmv.ca.gov/

Mike Snow
1953 3100