[oletrucks] HELP, I have yet another leaky carb.........is there a bolt

To: old-chevy-truck@onelist.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] HELP, I have yet another leaky carb.........is there a bolt on?
From: VIKINGHILL@aol.com
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 1999 15:29:48 EST
Hi guys,
I was reading a few weeks ago about a "monojet" rochestor that would be a
direct bolt on for the old rochestor that I have on my '53 235 ci. bell air
engine, it is the full pressure type.
I asked about the "monojet" at the parts place and he said that all the
rochestor 1bbls were refered to as "monojets" .  I have just replaced the
carb and after 3 days of use it is free flowing out the back of the bowl
around the top seal.  This is the second carb that I have gotten. It is still
under warranty.
So is there a direct bolt on that is good, should I go for the Carter
alternative, I have NO EXPERIENCE with a carter carb, but it couldn't be any
worse than the last 3 rochestor's that I've had.
I really Really REALLY apreciate any help with this problem....
Thanks,
Casey P. Mathews
'47 3100 "Thriftmaster"......stinking like gas!