Re: [oletrucks] HELP, I have yet another leaky carb.........is there a b

To: VIKINGHILL@aol.com
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] HELP, I have yet another leaky carb.........is there a bolt on?
From: Grant Galbraith <trks@javanet.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 1999 16:29:21 -0500
    The original Rochester's are prone to leaking/seeping around the bowl
however
if the carb is really leaky as in pouring out gas so that the whole carb and
base
is wet is would suspect the needle valve is not seating. Tanks can supply a
steady stream of rust particles that can foul up a new seat and needle in a
minute. If you aren't using a inline filter just before the carb I would try
one.
You may also need to clean out the seat an needle if it's leaking excessively.

Grant 50 3100