Re: [oletrucks] Re: Pacer IFS projects...any AMC car parts leads appreci

To: <GremlinGT@aol.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Re: Pacer IFS projects...any AMC car parts leads appreciated!
From: "jack halton" <safesix@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 1999 18:12:03 -0500
Jerry,

   My  '77 Pacer wagon was a goner when I pulled the front end. The interior
was shot, body rusted badly, it had been rear-ended, and the motor had a rod
knocking. My other Pacer (79 wagon), which I drove for a year while building
my truck engine, was in good shape except for a noisy 904 transmission. I
sold both to a friend who swapped trannies and is still driving the wagon.

  I would probably still be driving the wagon if I could have found the
correct window channels and cat-whisker moldings to keep the rain out. I was
a AMC-list member for a while, even joined the Pacer club, and posted
requests repeatedly for these parts and never got a lead. AMC cars seem to
deteriorate rapidly if left out in the weather here in Florida.

There is a salvage yard in Central Florida that has (or did a few years ago
anyway) a Pacer X, a V8 Gremlin X , a Pacer wagon and several others. These
were not wrecks but complete cars. At the time, the cars were behind several
big stacks of crushed cars and could not be retrieved. The yard is Umatilla
Auto Salvage, owner Tom Lee, the phone number is (352) 669-6363. BTW he has
lots of early GM stuff as well. Not much early truck stuff left, but he does
have a AD canopy express in fair to poor condition.

Jack / Winter Park FL

PS I saw an original, unrestored Mark Donhue Javelin at a cruise last week
(not for sale!)