[oletrucks] 54 chev

To: jclark1@utk.edu
Subject: [oletrucks] 54 chev
From: "Ronald Tofani" <rontof@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 1999 13:12:33 EST
Hi Joe or anyone w/info:
Help!
My name is ron and I just bought a 54 5 window pu in excellent condition. It
has 67k on it and the sheetmetal is beautiful. I have a few questions about
the truck and I hear you may be able to help me out with some info.
I would like to do the interior over and need tips on how to tackle the
headliner and the vent window rubber replacement. i will paint the interior
tan I if there was a tan orig color?

I am also looking to replace the hot rod wheels (15") with the original 16"
and 4" ww tires. What would you go with for tires. This will never be  a
show truck but I want it somewhere near original.

I also need to know if these trucks ever came with chrome grills and bumpers
or just what the correct treatment was. My grill and bumpers are currently
black and the truck is orange. Is orange an original body color??

That's plenty for now but I will have more questions.

Anyone out there have a radio and 16" wheels near VT?

Bye for now.
Ron