FW: [oletrucks] More sandblaster questions.

To: "'Chevy Trucks'" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: FW: [oletrucks] More sandblaster questions.
From: Richard Kinas <rkinas@ctinet.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1999 10:52:15 -0800
Mark,
I bought my siphon fed blaster from Sears and am using a 6.5 Hp Vertical
60gal compressor to run it. I buy playground sand from Home Deport and am
very satisfied with the performance. I believe the hopper is 5 gal and I
will usually cycle the compressor three times for a 5 gallon run through. I
have never actually counted but thats what I remember. I will be doing some
more blasting this weekend and for all those on the list I will keep track
of:

        Number of times the compressor kicks on to empty the 5 gal of sand.
        The area in square inches of paint and rust removed.
        The Amount of time required  to blast area above.
        The operating pressure.

 I usually blast sheetmetal at 40PSI.

1959 Chevrolet Apache      ____    3100
                     __________/___/\_____
Rich Kinas    |::::::::::::::> |       |    ----- )
Orlando, FL   "-------( 0 )---------------( 0 )-"

Question:
    I recently bought the "Barrelblaster" from Buchanan Industries.  I've
tried sand, Starblast (By DuPont), and glass beads.  This thing seems to
work so slow as to be near worthless. Are all syphon blast boxes this slow?
I talked to the company and they are willing to replace the gun (I
inspected
mine as they instructed and can't find anything wrong with it).  They are
very nice, but I need to know from people who have used blasters?
    I have a 6.5 hp 9 cfm compressor with a 60 gal. tank.  This is what I
saw the differnet companies were asking for to run their blast cabinets.
 Is
there something wrong with mine or what?  This sucker won't even take the
print off a soda can.

Mark Self
Redlands, CA
'55 1st 5-window 3100