Re: [oletrucks] Seeking info on 1958 Chevy pickups

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Seeking info on 1958 Chevy pickups
From: MarkNoakes@aol.com
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1999 20:52:09 EST
Bill,

1--There was a 58 Cameo but it was the rarest of them all; the fleetside took
over around mid-year.

2--I just got a catalog from Danbury Mint that had a whole slew of 1/24 scale
trucks; I think it had a 58 or 59 step side as well as several Suburbans,
panels, and step sides in it.  I threw it out quickly before I bought a whole
fleet.

Mark Noakes
58/56 Suburban
Knoxville, TN

<<

1. I think that in 1958 there was still a Cameo model, but I
haven't found a picture of one.  Can you help me find one?

My second job is to locate a toy or model of the appropriate truck.
Scale isn't too important, but I'd like something bigger than Hot
Wheels or Matchbox if possible... 1/25 or 1/32 would be nice. I
imagine this is a common sort of question here.   I'll probably come
back once I'm sure what I'm looking for.

--
Bill Higgins                            Internet: HIGGINS@FNAL.FNAL.GOV
Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory  >>