[oletrucks] Tie rod and drag link ball replacement

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Tie rod and drag link ball replacement
From: "dph55@pdq.net" <dph55@PDQ.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 09:48:17 -0600
Can someone tell me what the recommended procedure is for the removal of
original equipment forged on or peened tie rod and drag link balls? It is my
understanding that the bottom visible diameter is larger than the shaft that
comes through the member. This would indicate the need for drilling, milling,
or some operation to remove the larger diameter portion prior to removal. I
don't know if the material in these parts is tempered, casehardened, or what.

Dave Handley 51 GMC 1/2 ton
dph55@pdq.net