Re: [oletrucks] Rear End Primer

To: Ole Trucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Rear End Primer
From: Max Power <monadnoc@crystal-mtn.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 1999 10:04:20 -0500
Thanks for all that useful info Jim.  This should be filed away by ANYONE
contemplating a rear end swap.  It would take a lot of digging in different
books to find the same information.  I would add that I used the 10-bolt posi
rear from a mid-80's Camaro Berlinetta, 3.23:1 ratio, and it was the ideal
width.  I rebuilt it with a new Richmond gearset.  It's behind a 350/350
combination, but I don't plan on doing many burnouts/holeshots, so it should
hold up fine for cruising.  And it does have the standard older 4.75" GM bolt
pattern, of which there are about a million wheels available!