[oletrucks] Epoxy Paint

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Epoxy Paint
From: "Jeff Davis" <jsd51@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 1999 21:18:47 PST
Hi all!

     Was hopeing that someone out there could help me with a delima
involving paint. I've got Rustoleum brand "9100 system high performance
epoxy" paint. It's listed as self priming and the can I have is rated for
water immersion applications. If it helps anyone, it's in the Grainger
catalog (1999-2000) on page #1993.
     My question is can I use this for a primer since it's self priming and
just scuff it up a little when I'm ready to paint over it later? The reason
for painting over it is because it's a color called Navy Gray which doesn't
sound like the color I want to go with :). Also I got the stuff at a very
good price (free) therefore I can't return or exchange it.
     A while back someone mentioned (I think Bob) that with the epoxy primer
you can apply bondo right over the top of it if necessary. Will I be able to
do this with this paint as well?
     Was thinking of painting the frame as well as the body with this stuff.

Thanks in Advance,
Jeff Davis
'51 custom