Re: [oletrucks] JOKES ISSUE

To: tburt@hirose.com
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] JOKES ISSUE
From: miq@teleport.com
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 1999 09:26:17 -0800 (PST)
Tom Burt says:

> I second that motion Wayne.  Some of us are logged on to this list via work
> e-mail address and don't have time to browse through tons jokes and
> off-subject material (get enough of that from our office mates).
> My reason for being on this list is to ultimately capture technical
> information that may help in the restoration or preservation of my truck.

Also consider this, autox.team.net has 90 mail lists on it, and 15000
individual subscribers.  Each message that is sent that is inappropriate to
the lists cuts down on the time available to process on topic posts that
the lists were set up for.  Oletrucks is one of those, and you will be
slowing down your own oletruck email.

The choice is yours......

> My $0.02...
> E-mail regarding things such as truck-related collectors items (die cast
> models, stamps, etc.)and Ebay auction items should be acceptable (as long as
> it is in the scope of the list subject matter).

Sorry Tom, your $0.02 doesn't count for much here.  I refuse to let ebay
ads on this list for reasons I made very clear in the past, namely, ebay is
a paid for service and its users already get plenty of advertising, no need
to clutter this list by giving "vendors" yet another venue, especially one
so specifically tuned.  If you are a member of the list and you have an
auction, you can make mention of it.  Not your auction?  No posting.

End of discussion.  Next person to bring it up will suffer from countless
oil leaks in their oletruck, I've contacted Mala the Voodoo Queen and she
has cast a spell on this message, once read, you're infected.

--
__
Miq Millman   miq@teleport.com