[oletrucks] Motor mounts

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Motor mounts
From: "Jeff Davis" <jsd51@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 1999 16:18:18 PST
Hi All,

     Was looking at motor mounts for changing over my '51 to accomadate a V8
(350/350 setup). Really like the mounts by "Chassis Engineering" because I
have the pacer front suspension under the truck and their mounts attach to
the fraim rail as apposed to the type that look like a piece of pipe
crossing under the block.Anyone with any experience on this setup? Pointers?
Do's or Don'ts ?  Also on the subject of the transmission, I recall some
comments on this subject before but do I need to remove the crossmember
that's directly below the firewall to install a 350 turbo? I'll be getting a
  universal crossmember (tranny) from "Chevy Duty" but just by looking it
appears that the original will be in the way and I don't think removing it
will cause any structural problems since I'll have the universal one behind
it and the pacer crossmember in fornt. Any tips with any of this or
suggestions for a good donor for a swing pedal (brake) setup would be
greatly appreciated.

Jeff Davis
'51 custom