[oletrucks] 235 parts

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] 235 parts
From: "Jeff Davis" <jsd51@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 15:28:32 PST
     Hopefully I can help some of the list members out here, since my
knowledge of these trucks is wholy made up of information that I've aquired
while lurking, I haven't been much help on the technical side.
     For all you fellas with 235's, I've got a '58-'60 thats going to be
parted out. Can't find anyone local (St. Louis, MO)  who wants it and am
replacing it with a 350.
     All the parts are there except the valve cover. It was chrome and I
thought it would look good on my garage wall :) Don't know what head is on
it but I believe it's in good shape. I ran this engine for approx. 1000
miles before tearing the truck apart ( something the wife still can't make
peace with) and the only problem was the intermittent loss of oil pressure.
Believe this to be the main bearings so if you want the whole motor it will
likely need a rebuild.
     Don't know if these are hard to come by or not but it has the glass
bowl type fuel filter, the crankcase tube and the oil filter that hangs on
the intake with the muffler clamp. also both manifolds are in good shape and
didn't leak.
     Anyone out there that's interested shoot me a reasonable price and
include your list member discount ( 50% ) and I'll get it shipped to you.
Sorry, no discounts on shipping. ;)

Jeff Davis
'51 custom