Re: [oletrucks] Steering colum question

To: "Mark Self" <markself@discover.net>, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Steering colum question
From: rchansle@us.ibm.com
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 1999 12:18:51 -0700

No-Limit Engineering sells the parts to do just what you want. It's about
$119 bucks. They are at 909-275-9004.

Bob Chansler

"Mark Self" <markself@discover.net>@autox.team.net on 11/13/99 08:58:37 AM

Please respond to "Mark Self" <markself@discover.net>

Sent by:  owner-oletrucks@autox.team.net

To:   "Oletrucks list" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
cc:
Subject:  [oletrucks] Steering colum question

Hi all:
    I'm istalling a late model C10 front end on my '55 1st.  I want to
retain my stcok steering wheel and steering shaft.  In the shop manual it
appears that the steering shaft is one peice, all the way from the steering
wheel to the ball nut in the steering box.  Is this true or is there a way
to separate the steering box from the steering shaft?
    My intent is to cut the stock steering shaft and collar just below the
firewall, have the shaft machined to double "D", ut a u-joint on and then
run a shaft to the C10 steering bos that mounts up front next to the
radiator.
    Any comments, suggestions, observations would be greatly appreciated.

Mark Self
Redlands, CA
'55 1st 5-window 3100
"Sentimental Journey"