Re: [oletrucks] Steering colum question

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Steering colum question
From: "Charles Culver" <sculver@iwl.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 1999 16:28:15 -0800
Well, DUH!

I finally figured out why I get that annoying screeching sound, then it goes
away when I tighten the fan belt, then the fan belt comes apart.  Been using
too wide a belt.  If it doesn't fit the narrow channel in the generator
pulley, it will melt the sides, and as has been the case with me, belt after
belt must be replaced.  So I got a little narrow belt, and it fits the
generator quite nicely.  No more screeching, and no more melted belts.
Maybe this will save someone else from buying a bunch of too-wide fan belts.

Smokey Culver
'50 3600 5-window (mine) & '56 3600 (hers)