RE: [oletrucks] Which oil filter line goes into the filter?

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Which oil filter line goes into the filter?
From: "Ralph Linnell" <chevysix@seatac.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 12:30:09 -0800
Yes, the output coming directly from the oil pump, which is near the center
of the block (this is the most forward connection point for the two lines)
goes to the input side of the filter and the output side of the filter goes
to the input to the oil galley, which is near the rear of the block. Don't
get them backwards or your motor can go up in smoke in a very few minutes, I
have seen it happen. It is my understanding that since this system does not
have any check valve arrangement built in to the block, you should have a
filter that has a check valve/ball built into it. I use a Fxxd filter to
meet this requirement.
Ralph Linnell

ChevySix@seatac.net
Http://www.seatac.net/chevysix/