[oletrucks] Hub Cap Retainers Can Be MOVED?

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net, clifton.laney@intel.com
Subject: [oletrucks] Hub Cap Retainers Can Be MOVED?
From: Hudson29@aol.com
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 19:17:17 EST
Cliff Posted:

    "I transferred the hub cap retainer clips from my stock 15" split rims to
a set of 16" F*RD rims and mounted the stock Chev half moon hub caps to them.
It took a little bit of word (read pain in the butt) but now that it's done
it looks great.  You'll need to shim the clips off the lower dished portion
of the wheel a little so that the hub clips firmly engage the hub caps so you
don't loose them."

    Boy that's neat! How are the retainers attached to the Chevy wheels, how
should they be removed, and how should they be attached to the Ford rims?
Somehow I had figured they were welded on, and could not be messed with. What
did you use to shim them? I love the prospect of using the stock Chevy hub
caps to hide the Ford wheels.

Paul O'Neil, Hudson29@aol.com
1951 Chevrolet 3600 Pickup Project, See it at:
The Poor Man's Advanced Design Tech Tips Page
http://home.earthlink.net/~conntest47/
Fullerton, California USA
AEROMARK - Need Rubber Stamps or Signs? See:
http://www.aeromark.net