[oletrucks] Alternator vrs generator

To: oletrucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Alternator vrs generator
From: Grant Galbraith <trks@javanet.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 1999 21:12:00 -0500
I use my '50 with a generator as a daily driver. I like the generator
for an original look. I've never had a charging problem even with a 40
watt stereo, electric wipers, lights and heater motor going at once.
Lower R's of an OD presents no problem for charging. If you sit idling
for extended period  the generator might not keep up. There is  however
a amp gauge to tell you when it's discharging and you can use your
throttle cable to boost the idle up to 6K or so to put it on the charge
side.

Grant,