Re: [oletrucks] Leaking gas tank fix

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Leaking gas tank fix
From: CLLLSLS@aol.com
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 1999 00:41:55 EST
Hi,

I would not rely on the exhaust method to purge a gas tank. The exhaust
method would not be enough insurance for me to solder or weld on a gas tank
because there is still risk involved. There's no way to know that the fumes
are below unsafe levels. I've witnessed what can happen when someone
disregards "the fumes." Though it wasn't a gas tank, but a 55 gallon drum
that took half his hand. Personally, I felt more sorry for the cutting torch
that was broken than for the moron that lost half his hand. I would go as far
as filling the gas tank with water if it were feasable. Only in desperation
would I ever rely on the "exhaust method."

Dustin
50 & 53 GMC 1/2 tons