Re: [oletrucks] Leaking gas tank fix

To: kdfnbc@gate.net, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Leaking gas tank fix
From: Advdesign1@aol.com
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 1999 07:24:14 EST
<< stick the mouth of the tank over the exhaust pipe of another
 car. Start the car and let it run for 10-15 minutes until the tank feels
 warm. Leave the car running and solder away.  >>

I disagree because you will get condensation in the tank.  If tank is out of
truck put it in the sun for a few days till all fumes are gone.  If you can't
smell gas it is well below the combustible limit.
  My favorite radiator shop uses a big soldering iron with no open flame to
do the job.
Bob ADler