Re: [oletrucks] 216 specks

To: <RMorrisjr@aol.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 216 specks
From: "Doug Pewterbaugh" <dpewter@email.msn.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 01:36:00 -0600
I don't have my shop manual handy, but all of the clearances should be
detailed in there (if you don't have a shop manual, get one).  AFA balancing
the engine rods & pistons, I did mine (since it is already open & torn down)
& even though I'm still using iron pistons in an insert type rod 216, I got
the sets to within 5 grams lightest to heaviest & can do 55 (even a little
60) without the engine sounding like it is going to fly apart.  I definitely
think it is worth it.  Only caution I can give (from an old racing pro) is
if/when you sand the rods, do it lengthwise; going across the rod sets up
stress lines that can allow the rod to snap in half (lengthwise).

Regards,
Doug Pewterbaugh
dpewter@msn.com
Denton, TX