Re: [oletrucks] Gas tank fumes

To: "G. Simmons" <gls@4link.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Gas tank fumes
From: Bill Bailey <billb@gamewood.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 23:34:42 +0000
Hi, I had this problem on mine too. The problem is probably coming from the old
rubber hoses that connect up the filler pipe and and vent from the outside to
the tank.  The old rubber gets porous and lets the fumes seep through. If you
replace these hoses the fumes should go away. They did on mine anyway. Lots of
vendors sell the replacement hoses, Chevy Duty and GSPP come to mind. You might
even be able to get them from NAPA. As I recall it was under 10 bucks.
--
Bill Bailey
http://members.tripod.com/~oltruck/