[oletrucks] Muffler Bracket Search - Longshot

To: "'oletrucks@autox.team.net'" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Muffler Bracket Search - Longshot
From: "Nelson, Jeff - DTC" <jnelson@paducah.k12.ky.us>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 13:44:49 -0600
I was doing final prep on my 1953 3600 frame prior to painting. On the left
(driver's) side, inside the frame rail, just in front of the next to the
last cross member (can't remember if it's number 3 or 4), I noticed a piece
of sheet metal, with the bulk of it broken off, held to the frame with two
rivets. Going to my Factory Assembly manual and my Master Parts book, I
discovered that I should have a muffler bracket there (which may explain why
the PO had the muffler held by a piece of baling wire.) I'd like to find
one. What makes this search difficult is that the 1/2T bracket is not the
same as the 3/4T and larger trucks. The description and part number from the
Master Parts book is:

        Muffler bracket 47-54 Comm & Util (except 1/2T) 9 7/32 x 3 3/16 p/n
3683739

TIA
Jeff Nelson
1953 3600