[oletrucks] Pullin' The Doors?

To: old-chevy-truck@onelist.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Pullin' The Doors?
From: Hudson29@aol.com
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 1999 22:46:11 EST
    I hope everybody had a rewarding and happy Thanksgiving, I certainly did.
Since there is a couple of unplanned days ahead this weekend, it might just
be possible to sneak in a little work on the old AD. One of the projects is
to strip and repaint the interior surfaces of the doors.
    Last weekend, I pulled the old hardened and rotted weatherstrip off the
driver's door. It did not come cleanly and was hard to get at on the leading
edge. Looking the job over, it seemed that the whole project would be
simplified if the door was off the truck, and sitting on a couple of
sawhorses where it's easy to get at.
    The trusty shop manual said basically -- remove bolt, remove door.
Assembly is just the reverse, except that the bolts are kept slack until the
door is closed into the cab, at which point you just tighten them back up
from inside.
    Is it really that easy? I intent to replace the latch and striker plate
at the same time, does all of this go together easily?

Paul O'Neil, Hudson29@aol.com
1951 Chevrolet 3600 Pickup Project, See it at:
The Poor Man's Advanced Design Tech Tips Page
http://home.earthlink.net/~conntest47/
Fullerton, California USA
AEROMARK - Need Rubber Stamps or Signs? See:
http://www.aeromark.net