Re: [oletrucks] Column Shift Box

To: Hudson29@aol.com
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Column Shift Box
From: "Joe Clark" <jclark1@utk.edu>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 1999 09:36:49 -0500
Paul:
I'd be interested in finding out how the rebuilt box performs.  About
the only adjustments I can see are to have the linkage adjusted so
that the 2 mating flanges (1st/rev and 2nd/3rd) line up when in
neutral.  (Look at it with the cover off from above and make sure
everything looks symmetrical).  This keeps you from getting hung
up between gears (although mine still does sometimes).  Also, the
shift lever should be horizontal to the floor when in neutral.  This
can be accomplished by adusting the shift arms at the box.  Good
luck.
Joe
Joe Clark
Southern Appalachian Field Laboratory