Re: [oletrucks] Hood setting

To: Arehurt <arehurt@inreach.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Hood setting
From: "Joe Clark" <jclark1@utk.edu>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 1999 09:44:33 -0500
There is a good procedure for this in the Shop manual and you
have to go step by step or it won't work properly.  If I remember
correctly, with the bolts loose, you push the hood to the rear so
that you have equal clearance between the hood and cowl (about
1/4 inch or less).  Then put a 4" block under the front of the hood
and close the hood.  You then push down on the back of the hood,
keeping it straight, and tighten the bolts.  The hood should be tight
against the rubber strip on the top of the cowl when you take out
the block and close it.  This is a pretty crummy explanation so I
suggest you get a shop manual.  There are measurements for the
fender support rods, etc.  I do know that you have to do everything
in order or you'll  never get it right.  Also, these trucks weren't Rolls
Royces and the hoods never were perfect, even from the factory.
Good luck!
Joe
Joe Clark
'50 3100 Deluxe