Re: [oletrucks] Radiator Cap /57 Chevy Heater

To: srocha@pacbell.net, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Radiator Cap /57 Chevy Heater
From: Advdesign1@aol.com
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 1999 07:36:41 EST
In a message dated 11/27/99 6:49:05 AM Pacific Standard Time,
srocha@pacbell.net writes:

>   The
>  radiator cap on my engine is a 14 pounder.  Will this be okay for this 57
>  heater or should I get a lower pound to prevent leaking from too much
>  pressure on the heater?

If you still have a cellular radiator core I would max out the pressure at 7
psi.  If tube and fin core 14 psi is OK.  Heater cores stayed cellular thru
the 1970s without any problems from 14psi.  Try 7 pounds and bump up pressure
only if you boil over.
Bob ADler