Re: [oletrucks] Fwd: Flex-a-lite for a 1954 chev.?

To: VIKINGHILL@aol.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Fwd: Flex-a-lite for a 1954 chev.?
From: "Durwood B. Darbin" <dhckdkcsk@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 1999 13:14:50 PST
Casey,

Thanks for the Flex-a-lite web page info.  Good pictures of all the cool
cooling things.  But now I have some questions for the list.

What diameter should the fan be?  18 inches, 20 inches, 36 inches?  I don't
have my old fan anywhere or should I say that I can't find it at the present
time.  Also what series fan will work?  The Flex-a-lite page lists series
400, 1300, 1000, and 4600.  Additionally, I couldn't locate the part# 876
adapter/spacer on their site either.

I went to many auto parts stores yesterday to find a Flex-a-lite dealer.
Finally NAPA sold them but they weren't much help.  They didn't know the
whiz whams and whereazzez of the flex-a-lite line.  I asked specifically
about the part #876 and got the 2nd Lieutenant  salute (arms down by the
sides with palms out while rotating the shoulders up and forward).  NAPA has
their own part numbers they say.  I really want to put a fan on my Pcup but
now am beginning to remember why I haven't had one on for 15 years.  It's
kinda like a shopping fobia or something like that.  MOMMY!

OK OK! I'm better now but I may have a relaps? if I can't find a fan to put
on my AD.  Oh by the way mine has a 235 in it.

Durwood
51 1/2 ton hot 5 window cuz it ain't gotta fan.