Re: [oletrucks] Steering Wheel Repair

To: "Al Jones" <jonesal@u.washington.edu>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Steering Wheel Repair
From: "tcape" <tcape@weblnk.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 22:49:22 -0500
Thanks for the tip on the steering wheel repair, Al.  One more
question......what kind of paint should be used to paint the steering wheel?
I've heard the best thing to use is the same type paint used on plastic
bumpers.  Supposedly because it will withstand the expanding/contracting of
the plastic wheel.  Is this true?  Anyone have any other advice?

What is best to use for cleaning a steering wheel?  Mine is way nasty.  I've
been told a strong mixture of Tide will do the trick, but I haven't tried
it.
Tom Caperton
'47 2nd 3100