[oletrucks] Blown engine

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Blown engine
From: MPHUDAK@aol.com
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 09:49:27 EST
Well, it was a sad day yesterday when the oil pan was removed from my 54.  I
found the #3 rod bearing had spun.  What happened i'm not quite sure.  Last
time i had driven it, Thanksgiving, i had gone out for a good little stroll.  I
was bouncing around town visiting old freinds showing the truck off. Well on my
return trip home, I was less then a mile from the house then it happened.  I
got a hell of a knock, rattle, clank.  I was able to make it home, but not with
out waking a few neighbors at 130am.  The engine sounds good until it is warmed
up and is being rev'd. Not bad for an engine that had less then paper thin
bearings left.  What is odd is that all of the other bearings are tight.  Well,
I have two fresh rebuilt engines that are in competition to go in.  One is a
stock rebuilt 283 and the other is a built 235.  I'm also thinking of changing
to auto while i'm at it, my rear gears are 3.07.  What sucks is that i had just
bought a complete new clutch pack from napa. Life !
sucks sometimes.  Has any one here switched to Auto and retained the stock
steering column?

Hudak
2-54 3100
57 3100