RE: [oletrucks] hood emblems

To: "'MRICHAGANG@aol.com'" <MRICHAGANG@aol.com>, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] hood emblems
From: "Nelson, Jeff - DTC" <jnelson@paducah.k12.ky.us>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 13:57:40 -0600
Mike,
We had some discussion on this before. According to the factory literature,
the 51 was the last year that had both Chevrolet and 3600. Some members of
the list had pretty convincing evidence (e.g. stock hoods on 51s that had
just the Chevrolet) that late 51s might have just had the Chevrolet.
Regardless, the Chevrolet emblem was the same whether it was by itself or
together with the 3600, so you can use them. To see what factory literature
says is the correct emblems, check my emblem web page at:

        http://chevytrucks.org/users/jeff/emblem.htm

As to price, these items are available in reproduction, so check with some
of the vendors (Carter's, Chevy Duty, etc.) to see what the cost of repro
emblems would be and price originals accordingly.

Good luck.

Jeff Nelson
1953 3600
Paducah, KY