[oletrucks] RE: Pacer IFS and a small block engine.

To: mrston@hotmail.com
Subject: [oletrucks] RE: Pacer IFS and a small block engine.
From: safesix@earthlink.net
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 11:35:47 -0800
Mike,

   1. I checked with the shop who helped install my Pacer IFS,
and has done several V8 Pacers as well. No pan interference with
a V8.

   2. The axle centerline should not change. The stated measurement
(21 - 1/2"?) is only a guide, it is given as a distance from
the end of the frame horns, apparently there were some variations
here.

   3. Best deal I found on all rebuild components was from Kanter
(www.kanter.com)as a package deal with ball joints, tie rod ends,
control arm bushings etc. Urethane is available only for the
sway bar bushings. Personally I would not use urethane suspension
bushings because they cause annoying squeaks. I kind of doubt
you would find them for AMC models anyway.

   NOTE: Pacer kits are made by Chassis Engineering, Carter is
a re-seller. Instructions (such as they are) come from CE, not
Jim Carter.

Jack / Winter Park FL